Friday 18 November 2011

Sweet 'Badminton' Cake

Pin It





Hello everyone.  I hope all is well with you.
What a week.  Finally my children will have a long holiday and I can take deep cleansing breath and relax a bit. Don't get me wrong, I love teaching and meeting my children in school everyday but at times, I need a break myself. I need some time to myself and just do things that I love.  I haven't planned anything for this holiday because I still got a lot to do at school and I'll be going there next week to finish only minus the children running and screaming around...haha. I hope they have a good holiday.

Okay, as you all know this is yet another moist chocolate cake. I guess it is most people's choice here. This one is for my friend Arina to her fiance, Faizul. It's his 27th birthday tomorrow and he just love badminton.  So, Arina being a good and sweet fiance as she is (you should see her, she really is the sweetest person) asked me to make a badminton theme cake.

As you can see, this is my first time doing a racquet and shuttlecock (it shows from the picture).  She loved it and I hope Faizul and Arina had a really nice time celebrating tomorrow.  I love a challenge and this cake is one. I did the racquet many many times until I got it right but in the future I hope to do better.  As you all might guess, I am a self taught cake decorator.  I do what I think is right and sometimes I did it differently from other bakers and cake decorator. That is why I am dragging my feet to teach baking and cake decorating to people who are interested.  Someday soon, I will...so, thank you to all of you who commented on my cakes and decorating skills.

I am always happy to hear from you and I would like to thank Marc and kak Nurul, who is my new friend that I know from this blog for all the comments that on most days made me very happy and looking forward to bake and decorate.  I make new friends everyday and I love it.  Have a nice and sweet weekend with your family and happy caking everyone....chiao!!


3 comments:

wahida said...

cantiknya...sis ni mmg berbakat la...first time tgk kek ada reket bagai ni...

mesti org yg dirai sonok dapat kek yg sweet ni....

salam kenal, terus follow sini...

nazayiena said...

Wah kali nie tema badminton plk,kemaslah deco Su buat.....
Lagi satu ada nama kak nurullah dlm n3 Su,so tq.

Marc said...

What a wonderful cake!!... For me is perfect!!... About your question: Yes, you can add in another ingredients and use the same recipe changing the flavour!! Greetings!! I hope to know about you soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...